In 2019, Beam Therapeutics, a small biotech startup, engaged Fort Point to help identify forward-thinking strategies and systems that would support a high rate of future growth. At Fort Point’s recommendation, Beam decided to implement iOffice, an integrated workplace management system (IWMS) that seamlessly integrates a range of workplace functions — including space planning, desk and conference room reservations, visitor check-ins, delivery notifications, maintenance requests, and much more — into a single, easy-to-use interface that can be updated and customized over time in response to changing needs. This was incredible foresight on Beam’s part, as their team has grown from just four employees in 2019 to more than 300 today.
The initial iOffice package was implemented alongside the construction of Beam’s new 38,000-sq.-ft. facility at 26 Landsdowne Street in Cambridge, MA. Fort Point standardized the floor plans, conducted programming workshops, and uploaded the plans and data into the iOffice system. Three more Cambridge facilities followed, each of which required further Fort Point IWMS assistance: a 125,000-sq.-ft. building at 238 Main Street, an 11,000-sq.-ft. building on Sidney Street, and a 3,000-sq.-ft. office and lab space on Erie Street. In addition to implementing iOffice and populating it with all the necessary data, Beam has continued to rely on Fort Point to maintain their system and protect the integrity of their iOffice data.
Our IWMS approach follows a five-step process — Plan, Design, Build, Validate, and Train — that enables us to collaborate with the client from beginning to end and deliver on their specific needs and vision.
- GrubhubCorporateFort Point provided comprehensive brand visualization services for Grubhub’s new location at 1 Center Plaza in Boston.
- Joyn Bio Lab and Office Fit-OutLife SciencesFort Point served as the Owner’s Representative on Joyn Bio’s lab and office fit-out project
- Kirkland & Ellis LawCorporateEstablishing an international high-end law practice presence in Boston, MA
- DraftKingsAdvertising and Media, CorporateRelocating 660 sports fanatics in one weekend to their new headquarters in Boston, MA
- Temple Beth ShalomCommunityNew 3-story building addition and renovation of existing location in Needham, MA.
- MilliporeSigmaLife SciencesOptimizing real estate over time for life science innovators at a new Center of Excellence in Burlington, MA
- GoodwinCorporateNew corporate headquarters building in the Seaport District of Boston, MA.
- Broad InstituteBiotechnologyResearch and development lab expansion in the heart of Kendall Square in Cambridge, MA.