Supporting EMD Serono for the past eight years has provided diverse project challenges and opportunities in a progressive research and development environment. In their journey to develop therapies for hard to treat conditions, EMD Serono is committed to sustainable building solutions and employee wellness.
With research and development operations consolidating from three geographically disparate locations 50 miles apart, Fort Point's focused transition management was key to success.
Integrating the relocation activities of the Lab Captains, HR and Corporate Communications with that of the project team necessitated a detailed project plan with critical inter-dependencies and clear ownership.
Our project managers believe in a "boots on the ground" approach to effectively develop relationships with the Lab Captains and understand equipment requirements and workflow first hand.
Fostering open communication with the Lab Captains while actively validating 2,000 pieces of lab equipment and associated utilities, forged a trusted working relationship that ultimately streamlined the physical move process. Given the sensitivities around relocating employees workspaces 50 miles away, Lab Captains served as a critical conduit for sharing project communications, as well as providing useful feedback from their teams to improve lab layouts and the transition plan.
move satisfaction rating
When you have a transparent partnership and process, you get consistent results...we've had a wonderful journey, Fort Point and EMD Serono.
— Tony Meenaghan, Senior Director at EMD Serono
The transparency and accountability of our project team established a trusted working relationship with the Lab Captains. This was the foundation for a successful three-phase relocation from Rockland and Cambridge to an expanded research and development facility in BIllerica, Massachusetts. Vivarium operations, radiation lab and twelve major therapy areas were safely relocated to the new facility over the annual EMD Serono holiday shut down in December with minimal disruption to ongoing research.
- Temple Beth ShalomCommunityNew 3-story building addition and renovation of existing location in Needham, MA.
- GoodwinCorporateNew corporate headquarters building in the Seaport District of Boston, MA.
- Broad InstituteBiotechnologyResearch and development lab expansion in the heart of Kendall Square in Cambridge, MA.
- Arnold WorldwideAdvertising and MediaRenovating and relocating to a high profile site in the developing Downtown Crossing District
- Iron MountainCorporateCorporate headquarters renovation and relocation in Boston's Financial District