For an established Boston law firm located in the Financial District for over 100 years, a move to the new Seaport District came with many opportunities and considerations. As the Owner’s Project Manager, Fort Point Project Management has over 15 years of experience transitioning companies to new neighborhoods, updated workspaces and progressive ways of utilizing their real estate assets.
A new, “out of the ground” building with parking garage at Fan Pier was selected as the new headquarters, bringing with it the scrutiny of the BRA in this emerging neighborhood and FAA height restrictions given its proximity to the airport. In addition to the macro level design considerations, the interior design concepts promoting natural light and transparency throughout the office space met resistance with the attorneys who were accustomed to complete visual privacy.
The project team leveraged their depth of law firm experience to provide relevant benchmarking and “real life” examples to express the benefits of natural light to the middle of the floor, diverse collaboration spaces and the importance of mobility throughout the building. To integrate employee feedback and provide transition management communications to all departments, an advocacy group was established early in the process.
private office transparency
A dramatic interconnecting stair provides employee interaction and vertical access between eleven full floors.
Not only did the Goodwin Procter project meet all schedule and budget goals, but 1,000 attorneys and staff were successfully relocated over one weekend with business as usual Day 1 in the new space.
- Kirkland & Ellis LawCorporateEstablishing an international high-end law practice presence in Boston, MA
- DraftKingsAdvertising and Media, CorporateRelocating 660 sports fanatics in one weekend to their new headquarters in Boston, MA
- Temple Beth ShalomCommunityNew 3-story building addition and renovation of existing location in Needham, MA.
- MilliporeSigmaLife SciencesOptimizing real estate over time for life science innovators at a new Center of Excellence in Burlington, MA
- Broad InstituteBiotechnologyResearch and development lab expansion in the heart of Kendall Square in Cambridge, MA.
- Arnold WorldwideAdvertising and MediaRenovating and relocating to a high profile site in the developing Downtown Crossing District
- EMD SeronoBiotechnology225,000 square foot office and lab consolidation including vivarium
- Iron MountainCorporateCorporate headquarters renovation and relocation in Boston's Financial District