Iron Mountain is the global leader dedicated to storing, protecting and managing business information and assets. Originally headquartered on Atlantic Avenue in Boston, Iron Mountain grew organically via the periodic assembly of numerous floors and separate spaces. This approach resulted in an inefficient configuration where lines of business lacked collaborative interaction and an overall cultural identity. As leases came to term, Iron Mountain used the opportunity to reposition their headquarters on two large floor plates totaling 120,000 rsf at One Federal Street.
Creating a highly secure, flexible design for this dynamic, growing company including an interconnecting stair, full service café, conference center and workspaces to support expanding alternative work programs.
Working closely with Iron Mountain and the design and construction team, Fort Point PM coordinated and integrated the specialized resources as well as detailed scheduling and budgeting to drive project implementation and the phased employee relocation into One Federal Street.
access to natural light
Workstations designed for seated privacy provide distraction free work for occupants but line of sight to perimeter windows throughout the space.
Designed on two floors, each over 56k rsf, with a new interconnecting stair, private offices and conference spaces were positioned perpendicular to the perimeter to create departmental “neighborhoods” housing expanded decentralized mobile work locations. These spaces, as well as a dramatic increase in collaborative huddle rooms and nooks support a dynamic work force requiring flexible space types to accommodate growing business demands.
- Kirkland & Ellis LawCorporateEstablishing an international high-end law practice presence in Boston, MA
- DraftKingsAdvertising and Media, CorporateRelocating 660 sports fanatics in one weekend to their new headquarters in Boston, MA
- Temple Beth ShalomCommunityNew 3-story building addition and renovation of existing location in Needham, MA.
- MilliporeSigmaLife SciencesOptimizing real estate over time for life science innovators at a new Center of Excellence in Burlington, MA
- GoodwinCorporateNew corporate headquarters building in the Seaport District of Boston, MA.
- Broad InstituteBiotechnologyResearch and development lab expansion in the heart of Kendall Square in Cambridge, MA.
- Arnold WorldwideAdvertising and MediaRenovating and relocating to a high profile site in the developing Downtown Crossing District
- EMD SeronoBiotechnology225,000 square foot office and lab consolidation including vivarium