This international law firm, one of the most profitable in the world, sought to better serve their Northeast US client-base by establishing a Boston office, the look and feel of which needed to mirror their excellence. With no headquarters location, Boston is the eighth US city to join the ranks among Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Munich, and 11 other offices around the globe. They engaged Fort Point PM to provide full project and relocation management services to make their world-class space a reality.
Kirkland & Ellis wanted their new office to have a sophisticated, understated elegance where lawyers and administrative professionals could collaborate seamlessly.
Their ideal location in the Hancock Tower provided structural, mechanical, and electrical obstacles required creative solutions to accomplish their aesthetic goals. Large existing convectors were an eyesore, dedicated internal stairs did not exist, and the client required a full-service data center in an era where most firms have fully transitioned to the cloud.
Private offices and conference rooms are complemented by a full-service kitchen, game room, and interspersed breakout paces.
An elaborate interconnecting stair for easy vertical access creates drama and opportunities for staff interaction. Glass office fronts, high-end millwork, marble tile, lacquer panels, and wood accents create the desired aesthetic. Large convectors were replaced with their smaller European counterparts to produce the minimalist aesthetic and optimize space utilization. A data center was created with mission-critical electrical and mechanical capabilities, including an emerging gas biosupression system.
private office transparency
The project team collaborated to highlight the "one of a kind" feature in the space; stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean, Cambridge, and beyond.
The design and material selection portrays the Kirkland and Ellis culture and brand while highlighting breathtaking views from the 46 th and 47 th floors atop the Hancock Tower at 200 Clarendon St. This contemporary high-tech space encourages casual interaction and collaboration amongst staff in an office, conference room, or breakout space. Lawyers who work the typical long hours can take breaks by playing ping pong, or enjoying an exotic beer, on tap, while taking in the sights.
- GrubhubCorporateFort Point provided comprehensive brand visualization services for Grubhub’s new location at 1 Center Plaza in Boston.
- Joyn Bio Lab and Office Fit-OutLife SciencesFort Point served as the Owner’s Representative on Joyn Bio’s lab and office fit-out project
- Beam Therapeutics IWMS (iOffice) ImplementationLife SciencesImplementing and managing multiple iOffice modules through 2019 and 2020
- DraftKingsAdvertising and Media, CorporateRelocating 660 sports fanatics in one weekend to their new headquarters in Boston, MA
- Temple Beth ShalomCommunityNew 3-story building addition and renovation of existing location in Needham, MA.
- MilliporeSigmaLife SciencesOptimizing real estate over time for life science innovators at a new Center of Excellence in Burlington, MA
- GoodwinCorporateNew corporate headquarters building in the Seaport District of Boston, MA.
- Broad InstituteBiotechnologyResearch and development lab expansion in the heart of Kendall Square in Cambridge, MA.