Temple Beth Shalom is a vibrant Reform Jewish congregation located in Needham, MA. The Temple had seen significant membership growth with the addition of a renowned, child education program that was simply bursting at the seams. To provide adequate space for the growing congregation, the Temple embarked on an ambitious expansion plan that increased the capacity of the facility by 55%.
During construction, the Temple community required a temporary location to continue their religious and educational mission.
To ensure limited disruption to their growing child day care service and on-going religious activities, Fort Point PM secured multiple properties in the neighborhood with short term leases. To accommodate the Temple's fundraising goals while maintaining the original design intent for staff and congregants, extensive design review sessions and budget iterations were completed. Fort Point PM navigated the team through the permitting process and coordinated all communication with town officials and abutting neighbors to assure consensus.
Hired as the Owner's Project Manager, Fort Point PM worked closely with Temple Leadership to assemble a dedicated team of architects, engineers, contractors, and consultants to design and construct a facility that supports their community and educational needs.
The team worked closely to provide transparency, and to build consensus with the congregation and town of Needham.
Increased Campus Capacity
Our new building now enables us to reach out to our community in even more creative and dynamic ways.
— Rabbi Jay Perlman
Started the 2016 school year in the new Temple facility within the approved fundraising budget constraints.
- GoodwinCorporateNew corporate headquarters building in the Seaport District of Boston, MA.
- Broad InstituteBiotechnologyResearch and development lab expansion in the heart of Kendall Square in Cambridge, MA.
- Arnold WorldwideAdvertising and MediaRenovating and relocating to a high profile site in the developing Downtown Crossing District
- EMD SeronoBiotechnology225,000 square foot office and lab consolidation including vivarium
- Iron MountainCorporateCorporate headquarters renovation and relocation in Boston's Financial District